Thursday, March 22, 2007

Citibank Case analysis challenge!

Midsemester break :

Prof Lee encouraged me to take part in Citibank Business Case Competition organized by SMU. In the early stages of registration I was looking around for a team and was getting non-committal answer's from people.It was not until the last day that I was able to gather my team of 4, Neo from my class included.We started work and it took several meetings and brainstorming sessions before we came out with our first draft.3 full nights before we were onto our third draft, all the while brainstorming with Prof Lee.Finally we were confident enough to go ahead with it.We had a lot of innovative ideas, Extensive research, financial analysis and a great deal of hard work.
It was a good experience.......we learnt a lot specially in terms of teamwork with the team being very dynamic and motivated...

A word on the case itself. i personally feel that the case is very vague. It wasn't well written and well could be interpreted in different ways. I'm not being a sore loser and criticizing the case competition for I hear from friends who made it that it was an unforgettable experience.

Well all in all I got to learn a lot and was happy I undertook the challenge. Im inspired to participate in more such competitions and excel at them. Better luck next time!

Another thing about case challenges is that I think it is a culmination of skills like analyzing, presenting , designing and communication.Only a person with all these skills can succeed at such a competition and it is essential to build such skills. If you are creative, your creativity needs a vent dosent it?

But does NTU or any organization provide such a vent? I don't think so? Don't you think we should make an effort to better ourselves in all these aspects and have some focussed organization to do so....t may be tough but not impossible........

1 comment:

cellprof said...

Glad to see your nicely expressed contribution here- you really need to catch up (12 weeks = 12 sensible contributions) if you want a decent mark.